Fire Extinguisher Sales
Buying a portable fire extinguisher for your home or office is an important step toward protecting yourself from fire. At All Safe Fire Protection Services, we want to provide you with the most effective fire extinguishers available. Before you buy a fire extinguisher, it is important that you do your research so you can determine the best type of extinguisher for your building.
Find the right fire extinguisher for your building—schedule a consultation by filling out the form to the right or calling 780-484-3479.
Fire Extinguisher Classes
Before you buy a fire extinguisher, make sure you know which types of fire it is designed to extinguish. It is important to first recognize the four classes of fire:
- Class A – ordinary combustibles (wood, cloth, paper, plastic, etc.)
- Class B – flammable liquids (oil, gasoline, etc.)
- Class C – electrical fires
- Class D – flammable metals (sodium, titanium, magnesium, etc.)
Fire extinguishers usually have big letters on the side that indicate the class of fire they are designed for. It is imperative that you choose the right type of extinguisher—for instance, you would never want to use a class A-only fire extinguisher (usually filled with water) on a class C electrical fire. In general, most business owners choose ABC fire extinguishers, which are suited to put out most fires that normally occur in a building.
Fire Extinguisher Sizing
The size of the fire extinguisher that you will need is dependent on the hazard class of your building. Fire extinguishers come in various sizes and the most common are 2.5, 5, and 10 pound. Our extinguisher technicians will evaluate your building layout and occupancy and recommend the most effective extinguisher for your building or equipment.
There are many technical aspects to consider when purchasing an extinguisher that the average layperson will not be able to consider without a lot of research. Our technicians are trained to assess your building and select the proper extinguisher for your specific application.
Purchasing a Fire Extinguisher
- ABC Fire Extinguishers – ABC dry chemical fire extinguishers, also called multi-purpose fire extinguishers, use a dry chemical. Commonly purchased in office buildings, they are appropriate for the most common types of fire, including wood, paper, and plastic fires, as well as flammable liquid and electrical fires.
- Purple K Fire Extinguishers – Often purchased for use by oil, gas, chemical, and utility companies, Purple K dry chemical fire extinguishers use a purple-colored dry chemical that is electrically nonconductive and is extremely effective against class B flammable liquid fires and class C electrical fires.
- CO2 Fire Extinguishers – Using a cloud of white carbon dioxide “snow,” CO2 fire extinguishers remove heat and quickly smother class B and C fires without any messy residue. CO2 fire extinguishers quickly cool down flames and can reach and exterminate even hidden flames. CO2 fire extinguishers can be used safely on all electrical and electronic equipment with no risk of electric shock to the extinguisher operator or damage to devices. They are not recommended for use against class A fires, as the speed of the discharge is likely to cause flaming materials to blow away, potentially spreading the flames.
- Kitchen Class Fire Extinguishers – Designed to supplement a kitchen fire suppression system, K-Guard kitchen-class fire extinguishers contain the unique liquid fire suppressant and are designed to knock down flames, cool down grease and form a vapor securing blanket to prevent further fire outbreaks. K-Guard kitchen-class fire extinguishers are usually purchased for food-service establishments such as restaurants, convenience stores, food courts, and cafeterias.
- Cleanguard Clean Agent Fire Extinguishers – Cleanguard fire extinguishers contain DuPont FE-36, a chemical that is clean, electrically nonconductive, environmentally friendly, low in toxicity, and highly effective against Class A, B and C fires. Non-magnetic Cleanguard fire extinguisher models designed for MRI rooms and operating rooms are available. Cleanguard fire extinguishers are often purchased to protect computer and data storage centers, control rooms, laboratories, and hospitals.
If you want to buy a new fire extinguisher for your business, call All Safe Fire Protection today. All Safe Fire Protection is a leading distributor of fire extinguishers and offers the most competitive prices from a variety of manufacturers. We can help you choose the fire extinguisher that’s right for you so you can make sure your building and equipment are fully protected.
780-484-3479 | Email Us
Fire Extinguisher Recharge
If you have used your fire extinguisher, even if only for a short amount of time, you need to have your equipment recharged. The different between a fully charged and a partially charged fire extinguisher can be the difference between life and death.
Learn more about our fire extinguisher recharge services »
Fire Extinguisher Testing & Services
Help ensure that you’re prepared for the threat of a fire with All Safe Fire Protection. We offer reliable, professional fire extinguisher testing and repair services, so if you have any concerns about your equipment or it is rusted, give us a call.
Learn more about fire extinguisher testing »
Call All Safe Fire Protection for Fire Extinguisher Sales
W have over 25 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with All Safe Fire Protection is that we are your single source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and government consistently recommend All Safe Fire Protection.
Contact us online or by phone at 780-484-3479 to purchase your fire extinguishers or schedule services.